Saturday, November 21, 2009

I'll see you at the Lion

...a phrase that I'll be saying as often as possible.

Hit up the Burgundy Lion with the girls last night.
A 5 hour sesh of free shots, home brewed ale and my new fav, Hot Toddy's ensued.
For those non-Anglophiles, a Hot Toddy is a delicious hot brew of Scotch, mulled cider, cinnamon and orange slices. Clearly a dangerous combination.

The Lion is an interesting place. Half English pub, half singles bar, and FULL hipster hot spot.
I believe 60% of the boys wore the Clark Kent, Wayfarer nerd glasses and the other 40% matched their girlfriends in oh-so-rad-plaid.
Not to mention the plague of Movember-ites, who's achievements ranged from bush to pube-stache.

Our waiter, a charming fellow named John, was easy on the eyes but I think his brain was so focused on pushing out facial hair that it couldn't carry out it's waiterial duties.

The illusive English Poutine of handcut "chips" and strong blue cheese with a beefy gravy, alas, never came.
Those Hot Toddy's? 40 minutes late.

What did ensure, was a Braised Pork Shoulder on a bed of creamy mashed potatoes with hints of caramelized onions and parsnips, with gravy all over.

A quick 420 break later, our table was littered with delicious treats.
Treacle tart (warm fresh-out-the-oven sugar pie), a Bread and Butter Chocolate Bread Pudding guaranteed to produce diabetes and my personal fav, STICKY TOFFEE PUDDING.

UMMM....YES PLEASE!

The night ended buzzed and satisfied, watching 12 cop cars screech around the corner to Al Taib, my local Kebab and Pizza shop, and bust up in there like they owned the place.
All I know is that you shouldn't mess with someone's Ed Hardy or you're gonna get a hurt on real bad.

Follow the MF sun,
S

PS. Cop who turned on his siren lights just to turn right on a red light (something dumbass Frenchland doesn't allow).....I'M ON TO YOU.

PPS. Should I get off my ass and make a chocolate milkshake? Max, you sold me. I think so.

PPPS. I am SO getting this next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment