Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lessons: Grammar

Okay,
Okay.

This has been bothering me for quite some time now.

listen up.


Professor S is about to school you on
three very important
grammar rules.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. "addicting" IS NOT A WORD
It's "addictive".

As in, "wow, drinking is addictive"

Learn it, live it, love it.

I AM NOW JEDI-MIND-TRICKING YOU INTO FORGETTING THE WORD "addicting"

--------------------------------------------------------

2. "I'm" VS "I was"
I've been dancing since I'm 12.
WRONG.
I've been dancing since I WAS 12.


-----------------------------------
2. "It's" VS "It"
"Their", "They're", "There"
VERY SIMPLE.

It's = It is
Its = possessive
look at the dog and its toy
it's so cute

Their = possessive
They're = they are
There = direction
That is their trailer.
They're renting it from Mr. Lahey.
Where? Over there!

-------------------------

in other news....




yeah, i schooled you good.


{follow the sun}

S.

2 comments:

  1. P.S.

    You mentioned your pet peeve about how people saying "addicting" bothered you because it isn't a word... and I believed you!! But guess what, it is a word. Now you're spreading misinformation to the public via the internet! Shame. SHAME!

    ReplyDelete