Sunday, October 18, 2009

High School


high school.
I bump into a lot of people from there. All girls private catholic school. They look at me with their eyes like saucers....Is that REALLY you?
Yes. It's me and this is what 3 years of partying and survival looks like, I tell them with my eyes.
I wasn't the coolest person in high school. I can admit to that. I was awkward, short hair, braces, quiet and was constantly made fun of for being the only red head...bizarre. Isn't discrimination against hair colors a crime? blargle.
Some of my class "mates" are a mirror image of who they used to be. A perfect cold rough empty reflection. How can these people still associate themselves with the same people they were glued to in high school? Did they even grow at all...or is this just me being judgmental...Probably...which I shouldn't.
I decided to go to this cafe with a good friend of mine, and this girl I "beefed" with in high school, we'll call her "X" works there and completely ignored me to start off. We both order coffees and his has a nice heart shaped cinnamon on it, mine plain....of course. CINNAMON RETALIATION. I slowly begin to sip. "X" informs our mutual friend that I have enormous balls to come into HER cafe. ouch. I mean wow that really hurts. I better RUN super fast with my ENORMOUS balls to get myself away from YOU. I hope you all can sense electronic sarcasm, cause I'm laying it on pretty thick. The point is her friend walks in and every five seconds I hear "C this and C that" from across the overpriced cappuccino hangout.
It hurt because she doesn't even really know me. The same craving of acceptance and understanding I haven't felt in years comes flooding back. but then I think realistically, "X" all that I have for you is pity. Pity that you haven't grown. Pity that you're completely oblivious to what it means to be classy and good natured.

Tick Tac Toe....
"O" beat "X" this time.

So what else about high school, fugly kilts, butterfly clips and insecurities.
it is my philosophy to live in the moment,
but here's the dilemma, when the present moment ignites the past what are you to do....

Peace and Love and All That Jazz

C.






No comments:

Post a Comment